Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Welcome to Linux Beauty Blog

Just got set up Linux (Fedora Core v9) on my PC. I have worked on many distributions, OpenSUSE, Ubuntu, RedHat. This is the first time that i decided to shift my development environment completely to Linux for obvious reasons. I am a student and can't afford Development tools. And most importantly, i want to learn programming, not Windows Registry / COM / LPSTR... Yeah you guessed it, windows development is hell. Because the OS itself doesn't have a foundation of proper APIs.

In any case i wanted web based development, so i thought Apache/PHP or Python would be better. I intend to use this blog to document some problems i faced in linux with steps to overcome the same so that it can help people facing similar problems.

If you come accross a better solution, add them as comment to this.

Welcome!

Shyam

No comments: